Friday, August 1, 2008

Anthrax case solved?

The strange case of the 2001 Anthrax mailer may have come to a close. Bruce Ivins, the FBI's lead suspect, committed suicide Tuesday as the government prepared to indict him for the five deaths that occurred only weeks after 9/11. There are still many unanswered questions; Greenwald asks some of them here.

For example, what were the multiple unnamed sources that the media repeatedly quoted in efforts to establish an Iraqi connection? The immediate post-9/11 atmosphere was a strange time to be sure (almost surreal), but who were these people that were spreading these falsehoods and playing upon people's fears in order to promote their own agenda? Sounds like neo-cons to me...

PS: No updates for the next few days; I'll be gone for the long weekend. See you next week!

PPS: I'm also having a strange problem with IE. Every time I try to load the blog, I get an error message and then "operation aborted", taking me to a blank screen, and leaving me with a blank look on my face. WTF? Firefox seems to work okay, but this is just weird.

No comments: