Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Movies on your hard drive

Apparently, you can now rent (and buy) movies on iTunes Canada.

That's actually pretty cool. I wonder what the big movie rental chains think of that? $4.99 to rent the new releases (an extra dollar for HD) isn't too bad, but I haven't tested it out yet, and thus I'm not sure how easy it is to watch them on your big screen TV.

As for the entire idea of downloadable media, I'm not sold on it at all. There's just something about having a nice big collection of DVDs (or Blu-rays) that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Having a bunch of movies on my hard drive doesn't give me the same feeling, and I would always be afraid of losing them in a freak hard drive wipe or something. I think packaged media is here to stay...at least for now.

No comments: